For this craft, children will tear paper to create an apple with a bite taken out of it. As they create the apple, you could discuss with them the story of the first sin found in Genesis 2-3. Adam and Eve disobeyed God and we do too. You could have the children think of ways they disobey God by having them name one sin for each piece of paper they tear. Talk about how sin displeases God and “tears” us away from Him. But, God is so gracious that He made a plan for us to come back to Him through Jesus Christ. The glue could represent Jesus. We can become one with God if we confess our sins, believe Jesus died to take our sins away then make Him Lord and Savior of our lives. Isn’t God awesome?!!!
- Craft backing: cut partial circle out of white construction or cardstock paper (template below)
- Apple: half sheet red construction paper
- Leaves: use template to cut 2 leaves out of green construction paper
- Bible/lesson point: print or write the Bible/lesson point onto a 1″ x 2-5/8″ address label or paper
- Tear red construction paper into pieces and glue them to the craft backing so they cover the entire partial circle to form a bitten apple
- Glue the leaves to the top of the apple
- Adhere the Bible/lesson point to the craft